The company is going to launch the Mahindra Thar 5 Door in the second half of 2024, but before the launch, this off-road SUV has been spotted several times during testing, due to which many details of its design, features and specifications have been revealed. Along with some exclusive design elements on the exterior of the latest model Thar 5 Door, there will be some prominent changes on the inside of the Thar as well.
According to the latest information received about the upcoming Mahindra Thar 5 Door, Mahindra has trademarked seven nameplates including Thar Armada, although its complete information will be revealed only after its launch. Till then, know here the details of the features available in the five-door Mahindra Thar, which can become the USP of this SUV when launched.
There are two exciting upcoming models of the Mahindra Thar:
1. Mahindra Thar 5-Door:
- This is the most anticipated model, expected to launch in August 2024.
- It will address the biggest limitation of the current Thar – its 3-door configuration, making it less practical for families.
- Expect a stretched wheelbase and longer rear doors for easier access to the second row.
- Engine options are likely to remain the same as the current Thar – 2.0L turbo petrol and 2.2L turbo diesel, possibly with slightly different tuning.
- Prices are estimated to start around Rs. 15 lakh (ex-showroom).
2. Mahindra Thar Electric (Thar.e):
- While not officially confirmed by Mahindra, the Thar.e concept showcased at the 2023 Auto Expo has generated significant buzz.
- It envisions an electric version of the Thar, potentially with a retro-futuristic design and off-road capabilities optimized for EVs.
- The Launch timeframe is still unclear, but it could be sometime in late 2024 or even 2025.
So, depending on your needs and preferences, both the 5-door Thar and the Thar.e offer exciting possibilities for the future of this iconic SUV.